UNO Mass E-mail Policy
UNO myMail (Lotus Notes) may not be used to send or transmit mass e-mail
messages to other University of Nebraska addresses. Violations may result
in loss of e-mail access. Mass e-mail is defined as a duplicate or nearly
duplicate unsolicited message sent to more than 50 addresses.
Acceptable mass e-mail messages include:
- Messages within a division, college, department, or academic course
- Announcement messages about a UNO service to individuals identified as using that service. Note: potential use does not qualify as using the service.
- Messages to opt-in mailing lists, if the topic matches the intended purpose of the list
- Sanctioned UN enrollment or employment notifications
- UNO Enotes electronic newsletter
- Messages submitted to University Affairs that receive approval from the UNO office of the Chancellor or from the NU President's office.
The use of university information systems, including e-mail, is subject to the NU Policy for Responsible Use.
Content last modified:
November 19, 2012, 9:21am