IS Customer Services provides many computer hardware services. Our maintenance group upgrades and repairs University-owned computers (Mac and PC), printers, and other electronic equipment for UNO faculty and staff members. Our consultants provide information to departments interested in purchasing computers, printers and audio-visual equipment. Our Desktop Services technicians can assist with permanent installations of audio/video equipment. Our Helpdesk operates a laptop checkout program for students and faculty/staff and can assist with rental of certain pieces of audio/visual equipment.
To request computer, printer, or electronic equipment maintenance, call IS Customer Services at 554.4357. Our representatives will open a service ticket and dispatch a technician. Be sure you have a departmental billing number available before you call as equipment maintenance may require billable parts and/or procedures.
Our technicians can assist departments that wish to upgrade or purchase new equipment for office or classroom use. Call IS Customer Services at 554.4357 to schedule a consultation. One of our technicians will get in touch with you to set up a consultation time.
IS has partnered with numerous colleges across the UNO campus to provide permanently installed technology in nearly 200 classrooms. As a result, and since these installations have addressed nearly 100% of all room-related technology requests, IS no longer delivers or checks out technology equipment for classroom use.
Faculty or staff with classroom technology requirements should work with their department’s room scheduler and the UNO Registrar’s office to arrange for a room with permanently installed technology. Instructors who require a TV and DVD or VCR player for use in non-technology rooms may request to have that equipment permanently installed/secured in the room.
To request permanent equipment installation or to use equipment such as a slide projector, overhead transparency projector or audio tape player/recorder, please contact your department technology support person. If necessary, they will make any necessary arrangements with IS Customer Services.
Rental, Delivery and Setup:
IS provides multimedia equipment rental, delivery, setup and optional staffing for on-campus events and for off-campus University-sponsored events. Charges are based on time and equipment and are typically less than charges by private businesses for equivalent services. A UNO budget number for billing purposes is required when scheduling a request; advance payment is required from non-University organizations. Equipment and services can be ordered by phone 402.554.4357. Rentals and staffing are provided on a first come, first served availability. Orders for special events need to be placed at least two weeks prior to the event to ensure availability of equipment and personnel to assist.
MBSC Rental, Delivery and Setup:
To schedule equipment delivery/setup and room reservations for the Milo Bail Student Center (MBSC), contact the MBSC Reservations & Event Planning Office at 402.554.2383
- Classroom instruction has first priority on any and all equipment usage.
- Orders for special events need to be placed at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Students ordering equipment must have a faculty and/or department sponsor. Verification of sponsorship may be sent via e-mail to IS Customer Services. Written requests must be sent on departmental letterhead and addressed to the IS Customer Services office, EAB 104.
- Please include the student's name, the course for which the order is needed, the date needed, and the equipment required.
Community Events on Campus
- Equipment rental requests for special community events held on campus need to be placed at least 2 weeks prior to event.
- Equipment rental fees for community and other non-university related events at MBSC must be paid in full prior to delivery.
- Room rental fees are separate from equipment charges. For details on room fees call MBSC at 554.2383. Call 554.HELP (4357) for equipment rental charges and payment options.
- Equipment rental orders for MBSC will be delivered; equipment to be used elsewhere on campus may be delivered or picked up.
Content last modified: November 19, 2012, 9:21am