Contact IS Customer Services at 402.554.4357 for Blackboard registration issues. Contact eInstruction customer support for all other support issues.
Clickers look like TV remotes. They allow students to answer questions, take quizzes and tests, and provide feedback electronically. This information is immediately available to the instructor, who can respond based on the input and share the results with the class. During initial assessments of this technology at UNO, students responded very positively. They liked the instant feedback. They also felt clickers helped students pay attention and helped the professor know if students knew the material.
Some departments have purchased clicker kits for instructors. In these courses, instructors hand out and collect the clickers each period and the data collected is usually not associated with specific students. The more common approach is to require students to purchase clickers and register the clicker through Blackboard. This ties the clicker data with each individual student and allows for more robust interactions. To reduce the cost to students, UNO has standardized with eInstruction clickers, also known as CPS.
$13 per semester
Clickers are available for purchase at the UNO Bookstore. Please pay careful attention to any documentation packaged with your clicker or notices from your instructor. Some publishers package clickers with books, and in some instances, publishers or other entities provide a registration code which covers the registration cost.
* All prices subject to change.
Do I have to pay a registration cost for each course I take?
No, the standard registration covers all courses within one semester. The lifetime registration includes all courses you ever take.
Do I have to pay a registration cost every semester?
No, you only have to pay for those semesters you are using the clicker. Once you have paid the standard registration cost three times, you are automatically given a lifetime registration.
Can I sell the clicker back?
Yes, the UNO Bookstore currently buys back functioning clickers for $11.25.
Can I share my clicker with another student?
No, clickers can only be registered to one student at a time.
Which courses require clickers?
Visit the UNO Bookstore for a current list of courses requiring clickers.
Can I return my clicker to the UNO Bookstore?
Unopened clickers can be returned*. New clickers that malfunction can be also be returned, but you must first contact eInstruction customer support to obtain a Response Pad Exchange Form. After an exchange, you will need to change your serial number through Blackboard to transfer your registration to the new clicker.
* All returns are subject to the UNO Bookstore Refund Policy.
Will eInstruction refund my registration cost if I drop a class?
- eInstruction makes refunds to students for online registrations only if a student has (1) dropped a class, or (2) made a duplicate payment. Refunds for dropped classes are issued within fifteen (15) days of the class start date.
- To request a refund, students should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: (1) start date of the class, (2) the university where the student is enrolled, (3) full name on the credit card, and (4) the transaction ID.
- An enrollment code, purchased or bundled with a textbook, must be returned with the textbook and in accordance with the UNO Bookstore's return policy for like packages.
Content last modified: November 19, 2012, 9:21am